Llandow circuit is situated in South Wales near the city of Bridgend. It started its life as an airfield for the Canadian Air Force in World War II but was eventually decommissioned in 1957. The airfield was left redundant until 1961 when a local farmer bought the land and started building a race track with the assistance of the South Wales Automobile Club. The first evolution of the circuit was a 1 mile oval whereby two runways were linked at either ends. The official opening of the circuit took place in 1963 and none other than the legendary Graham Hill was the man to unveil the circuit. During the 60's & early 70's the circuit held events in cars and motorbikes enjoyed crowd of up to 4,000. The circuit was used by plenty of young and talented drivers including the likes of Roger Clark, Jody Schuter and Andy Rause who all mastered their trade. Unfortunately the circuit went through a bad spell in the 1980's as the track surface was left to deteriorate and the land was used for less pronounced race series like stock cars and grass track racing. The addition of a rally school and the Llandow kart track helped maintain the site. Fortunately more prosperous times were around the corner and following a full resurface, track widening and the additions of some corners, the circuit took off again. The owners are continuously looking to build up the circuit’s infrastructure which is aided by the ever increasing number of users. A further help for the circuit came when it attained a Motor Sport Association Sprint licence again in March 2001. It will be interesting to see how the circuit continues to grow in years to come but with the assistance of the many track enthusiasts that attend, good things appear to be on the horizon.